This is an introductory workshop for people with little or no meditation experience who would like to explore meditation through learning about it as well as through direct experience. In this workshop we will delve into various simple, short yet powerful forms of meditation that one will be able to apply to one’s life. Our natural state of being is a meditative state which we often do not experience due to stress and worries. Meditation practice gives us a tool we can use when we are faced with challenges in our life. There are certain circumstances in our life that we cannot change. What can change is how we relate to those challenges and how we deal with them.
What will be covered in this workshop:
- In-depth explanation about meditation – what it is and what the benefits are;
- Various meditation techniques will be practiced.
- A deeper understanding of oneself and meditation;
- Reduction of stress levels;
- Health benefits such as lowered blood pressure;
- Having practical tools to one’s day to day life;
- Peace, love and health within oneself and with others.
Time 6:30 - 9:30pm
Facilitator: Ma Anada Sanghavasini
Please call 403-279-9555 to reserve your spot. We do require that you register for our events so that we may prepare for the number of attendants as well as we know who to call should any changes have to occur to the event - thank you!